Sunday, January 25, 2009

forgetfulness

Today i woke up around 9:30 in pursuit of goodtimes. Its been almost 2 weeks since I was last on snow...so with my first day off since being back from SF I decided to cruise up too Park City to get some turns in. It rained pretty much the whole way up to the hill but whatevs, ive snowboarded in rain,wind, snow, hail, sleet, and sunshine so i could deal with it. Parking was good..not to many people were there which was surprising because today was the last day of the Sundance Film Festival . Anyways put on my ghetto gown and went to get my gogs to switch out lenses and realized.....I forgot my gogs... Now had it been sunny it woulda been NBD (no big deal) but it wasnt. In a frantic panic, searching for eyewear i had to make the choice to either go goggle less or put on some shades to block at least some of the snow from pelting me in the eyes. I took maybe 2 turns without gogs and realized...fuck this. Put on some shades wich helped a lil but after 4 lift rides i threw in the towel...

Sunglases got drenched and fogged.. Better luck next time i guess.
Oh and i went to the area where the film festival was goin on, only to see a vacant town and a bunch of movie posters posted on boxes. Oh well missed out i guess...
Next month the BanFF film festival comes thru Utah...ima have to make it to that one.....CIAO

No comments: