Thursday, December 11, 2008

lagging

Word...So i know I'm always lagging on this blog stuff but i have an excuse this time.I've been in Utah since mid August and all that i can say Ive done is go to work and simply sit around and do nothing. Now its early December and most of the nearby resorts have opened up. For a while I was goin to get a brighton pass but things fell through so I ended up maxing out my credit card (not really) and sprung for a Park City pass...which was a good idea.

I messed up my hair really nice for this photo and stuck out my tongue but the nazi's behind the camera said Uh UHHHH. which never made sense to me, i mean damn...has life really become this serious where I can't take a funny picture..shit.
Speaking of pictures I recently watched a episode of Epicly Later'd on vbs.tv on skateboarder Jerry Hsu. In this he explains his fascination of old cameras and how he collects ones from thrift stores. I was also lookin through The Skateboard Mag and they had a whole article on how old cameras are making a comeback and how more and more people are making mini movies with simple point and shoot digital cameras. The article was most interesting when they explained the raw art of Plastic cameras like Holgas and plastic lenses. If you know enough about these cameras the pictures u take can be amazing.

The cool thing about these cameras is that they all have different flaws in them that make the pictures more unique. Blah Blah Blah anyways I've always been into pictures and video and have a few cameras myself, so recently I have been frequenting a local thrift store called Desert Industries keeping my eyes pealed for cool weird cameras and today i found one.

This beauty was only $3.00 and was in the original box..once i get some film and take some fotos i shall post em on the blog for your enjoyment.
I then got to thinking why I chose to be behind the lens rather than be in front.. It must have had to do with my hideous face or maybe it just gave me something to do. I started filming skateboarding and snowboarding and randoms here and there before anything which worked out cause i was always better filming than i was at snowboarding/ skateboarding. When i was i dunno maybe like 15 I bought a Canon GL2 ( shoulda got the VX) video camera to capture video...some say a pictures worth a thousand words...and well videos is 32 frames per second..you do the math.

After taking a few film classes i became bored with video and started exploring the art of pictures. My mom had a Old 35mm Canon AE-1 which she let me inherit for a 35mm camera class i took back in cali cali.

A lot of people will argue that digital is better than film and vice verse...both are good, but to claim photography everyone should at least take a 35mm camera class which is what i did before I took digi classes. Photo shop is also good to have in ur bag of triqs

anyways Picasso paints pictures Jeffery Dahmer kills people and i...well i dunno i take fotos and film mini shred...get yo artsy on and ride ur fixie to the nearest photo developer.

No comments: