Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Packing

Hey party people....I'ma be honest... I literally just smoked 75 ounces of the liquid they use when making Ecstasy... so please, bare with me.

Kidding folks

OK so while in vega$.. D-ray and i had a conversation. WE talked about something as simple as hobbies...and or what makes life more enjoyable. Now obviously my number 1 hobby is selling drugs to kids at elementary schools and re-programming pagers, but when I am unable to participate in either of those acts ( court ordered) I truly enjoy taking pictures. Now I'll be the first one to tell you i suck at taking pictures but something about experimenting ( no homo) with different films/ cameras gives me excitement ( not that kind of excitement d-ray)

well anyways I've been collecting cameras for i dunno maybe 3 years...pretty much any type that looks old is all i care about. In all reality they dont even have to work.

So on my journey to buy junk i stumbled across this Polaroid Automatic 315:

At a local goodwill. Handed the short lil asian man $15.00 and walked out the door.

A coupld months later my boy Patchett and I went too a Salvation Army store and picked up this Polaroid 103:


for $7.00. That 103 is legit cause it came with a leather-case, portrait lens, and flash.

booYAH!:


When I had initially bought both these cameras..they were intended to go into my camera display-case. Not knowing that Fuji made a film for them...thats exactly where they sat. Then..while lurking on google and researching the 103...i got linked up to a few message boards that claimed they still made film.
So boom..called up Samy's Camera and sure as sheeeit..they carried it in both color/ black&white.


the black and white cost about $11.00 and the color i think was $13.00

They type of film is called pack film. Really its just and older instant camera...but with a vintage look.

The first few pictures on the 103 came out suuuuper dark:

I believe i wasted a whole pack ( 10 exposures)

I knew something was up..so i took the battery out of the 103 and put it in the 315...problem solved:


So after some failed pictures i decided to put the battery back in the 103 only this time using color film..to my surprise it worked:




As always..have fun capturing the moment..even if the pictures dont turn out how you wanted them too. Its an experience..like life

" life is like photography..we use the negatives to develop"

or something like that..

Oh and i'd like to thank my sponsor:

the salad crisper..for keeping my film legit

ciao bustas!

No comments: