Monday, April 6, 2009

parlay?

Got the next 2 days off and instead of doing what I usually do I tried to wake up early ( which for me is 10 a.m.) to go out and snowboard while the resorts are still open. So after a coffee stop i got to the Canyons resort in park city around 10:45. It was awkward..i got on the gondola that takes you to the top lifts and just when i thought i had this 8 person car to myself...i hear the clanking of ski boots on wet cement.. Here come a rushing grandma at full speed..throws her skis in the holders and jumps in right as the door was closing. Now i forgot my headphones so i couldn't just blast loud offensive hip hop..So we sat...the whole way..15 mins of silence..it was scary..i think she maybe was Russian or something like that cause she was mumbling things that sounded foreign to me.
Sorry, that was quite the ramble. OK so I've been to the canyons a few times before and every time I went i was with people that didn't want to go thru the park, but every time id see glimpses of boxes and jumps id wish i was in there. Today..being that i went up solo i had the opportunity to ride some of the "fun" looking obstacles. Ehhhh not that cool to be honest...now I'm no Shaun white or Shawn Palmer..or any CORE type snowboarders like that..but to me everything just seemed whatever, Boxes and rails there isn't much too them but the jumps were borderline dangerous... Hit the first 1..case...hit the 2ND case..hit the 3rd one..and overshoot the crap out of it to flat. ekk.
After just about killing myself on jumps i decided to head to the quiet part of the mtn and smoke some crack that I picked up off some hooker at the 7-11 A.M. coffee stop earlier in the morning. Kidding just took some cruiser runs and bump hops and called it a day.
Made a quik Subway stop and headed to the fort. For some reason i was still awake so hopped on the rollerblades (car) and took off. Deseret Industries in sugarhouse...nada damn thing. TJ max..NOT a damn thing....Ghetto sketchy thrift store.. BOOM copd myself anotther jersey shirt im kind of in the process of collecting. Anyways wtf am i writing this for.
ON the way back home i noticed that Salt Lake really cares for there retards.. I mean this shortbus is extra tall and looks ready to go to war with any other shortbus gang in the continental U.S.A:

GOt home...noticed that blakes expensive ANTI establishment magazine had arrived (adbusters).. so i took a quick gander and saw this:

which i thot was cool and a good message. The artists that dropped out or never went to Art School seem to have a lot more talent and a different way of drawing/ painting altogether which in the end comes out more raw and real vs the same ol same shit (sorry..didnt mean to bash art school students)
ehhh thats all folks...reeses peaces:

Oh and my friend Kaye sent me this from her trip to New Orleans...i thot it was life changing..laytes:

No comments: