Tuesday, April 28, 2009

activities?

Same story same day...Ive been laggin on this but I've got some goodness coming in the near future. Had a fantastic trip to BRo Cal with some photos and video to follow. More recently I have a few days off and I'm trying to do something eventful each of those days...today I had a pretty good one. Went to a local thrift store full of different people and picked up a sweet flannel as well as a pretty sweet 35mm camera:

that beauty is just another added to my collection and ran me $5.00...not bad.
Speaking of cameras...my dad gave me a camera that was his fathers from back in the day. Now I'm no Ansel Adams or anything like that but I've seen many cameras...but none like this one:

It uses 110 size film which is another foreign thing to me. Anyways its super small and you can find telephoto/ wide angle lenses for it, which is something i plan on doing eventually. Its pretty much a spy sized 35mm cam.
Ok so after the thrift evtravaganza I got some subway, hung out for a little then searched for a hiking trail...cause as you will see once i post some of my CAlifornia adventure I'm now training to be the next Man vs WILD...(not really) . So one of my boss's at hell told me about a place just up the road from my current location in millcreek. So I put on what I thought were my best shoes for the hike ( van's skate shoes) and drove up the road which opened up into a hikers paradise. There were streams, ponds, a lake on some trail...and really just trails all over. Now the weather has been on and off in the salt lake capoonity so a good amount of the trail i took was rather muddy:

So whatevs i got to this sign and just dove right in:

I'm new to this whole outdoor's type thing so I showed up in a sweatshirt vans and jeans...needless to say I felt a little out of place when fellow hikers would pass me wearing the regular attire:

Oh well..what i had on didn't effect my bad-ass-ness one bit:

MOst of the hike was mellow..essentially it was just like walking on flat ground with a slight slant and the occasional hill...nothing like my earth day hike...here are some pictorals to give you a visual:







It was pretty good to get out today...to much on my mind has been eating at me so thanks nature for being there and not sending a mtn lion or bear to decapitate me.
Oh and im tryin to cook more and more, and with Blake having been gone for like 2 months i get to eat whatever i'd like..so tonight i made pigs in a blanket

goodnight world..check back soon for the california recap..CIAOOOO

No comments: