Tuesday, April 27, 2010

monday flopper

Holler players!

Most Monday's i take the bike for a spin then grab some coffee... usually some subway with b-kauf..then scope out the thrift stores.
It's weird. When i was younger I used to be so embarrassed to go to thrift stores. My mom would every once in a while hit up sun thrift looking for typically old furniture like head-boards for beds that she could sand down re-finish and paint silly vines all over em. I hated partaking in the thrift missions. I felt like i was above them... To me shopping at 2nd hand stores meant we were poor , and now i go too a few on a weekly basis. I guess the older we get the less we care about status's. My friends give me shit for scoping out new spots in search for the diamonds in the rough, but fuck it. I'm weird i think this blog alone holds truth too it..
My main search was always ANY old looking camera, but i believe that i have narrowed it down to mostly Polaroids. Today tho was different.

picked up that for $1.04 in the valley. Not bad. Now i know i wont use it and they probably dont even make film for it, but i thot it looked kinda cool and Ive seen em on other peoples blogs under "thrift finds" so i forked out the money for it to try and be like everyone else.

Now i didnt get this on monday but i got it a few weeks ago at #3 ( i'll give numbers like a rating system...the camera above was found at #1 wich is the spot that rarely lets me down)


That thing cost ehhh i think $9.95..which whatever it looks old..i like it.

Now i dont always just find cameras at these places. I've also become addicted to finding old sports jackets or shirts as well:


boo yah... now we currently dont have an answer for Kevin Durant but im lakers all the way. Win or lose purple and gold still flows every time that IV gets stuck in my arm.. HeaRD THAT!

anyways . I think what draws me to these stores are memories. Other than pictures ( check!) the only things that spark good memories are seeing things that help you remember a time back when. Ive seen old toys and t-shirts that I had when i was a weeeee little chap that just sparks my mind.. if that make me "weird" then so be-it

Eh shot these photos in the valley of a ghost bike i pass on the regular while goin to the hot spots. I pulled over one time and a cop pulled up behind me and just pointed to a sign...the sign read " no stopping ANYTIME" wich i thot was a lil overboard. Im sure i could come up with a valid reason to stop..but i didnt feel like arguing with this guy.. so i took off.

The next time i parked off the road on some dirt...where i was angrily greeted by a man in his early 80's " you know if you park here and cross this road they're gonna put a Headstone right next to that bike with your name on it" which i thot was too clever. This man had a good 50+ years on me of intelligence and prolly some good shit talking too. Now you may have won the battle old man..but i will win the war:


spoils i guess

PEACE

No comments: