Friday, March 19, 2010

U2 was wrong..within time i found what i was looking for..

Oh wsup....

Can i git yo myspace?

Cmon..at least a facebook..?

Naw?

Aite fuq u den...


Holler...

To those who care or who have read a blog i posted a way's back, I finally found a polaroid camera that has been my main reason for waking up early to go to sketchy thrift stores all over the valley.

It was a shitty day at work..as usual. This day was different in the fact that I have been sick for the past few days. So a headache, throat ache, and life ache didnt mesh well with stupid people for 8 hrs....but i digressed. I got home around 7:30 pm. Eyes slowly shutting looking for that darkness they crave, but i wouldnt give in. My lazy ass needs to get out and do shit in my life...for who knows how long i will be here
Over the past few months my boredom cure has been going to a few select thrift stores bordering the town i live in. I found a new spot ( wich will remain un-named) and usually find some good cameras..and old sports shirts. There is another called sun-thrift that is truly hit or miss..which most of them are. The one place that sucked the most just so happened to have the camera i've had my eyes set on.
My heart was stuck on a Polaroid SX-70 and i didnt want to stop til i found it.
It was that night of sleepyness, sickness and over it-ness that i found it.
Shot over to goodwill and saw a leather bag. Asked the Bro behind the counter what it was and he replied " its like a really old camera" , i was stoked..thinking it might be something vintage or maybe an old AE-1 of sorts. But when i opened the dusty brown leather bag my eyes widened and the little kid inside of me awakened. There it was...exactly what i was looking for!:

I had to keep my composure. Acted like it was just some old thing..no biggy, cause nothing is final until my card has swiped and the reciept is in hand. I payed the gentleman and rushed to my car to further investigate the camera..
Flawless..... It even came with a flash....Holly balls i was high. My outlook on the day went from woof to ecstatic in a matter of moments.
It cost only $8.00... HYPED!
So hyped i went and got a gay outfit to go with it:


Booyah.

Every story has meaning. I set my mind on something and never stopped until my goal was achieved. I could have very well gone out and bought one of these on ebay for a crispy $200.00, but i didnt.
"it's not the destination..it's the journey". Not finding the camera gave me purpose...i made sure i did my rounds, got out of the house and looked for what I thot i'd never find, but enjoyed searching. Even found some awsome stuff along the way..

Relate this to anything...( you already know)
If you want something bad enough the only way to get it is to go for it, and not give up on the search....whatever it may be

Aight fuck you john denver..i'm out!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Wow, that was fast! You better post some pics soon.